Following government orders to close due to COVID-19, Retro Fitness turned off all billing effective March 22nd. Normal billing will resume on your club’s reopening date. Your billing date may change depending on the day your club reopens. Your billing will begin only after reaching the number of days owed to you.
If you have a Paid in Full membership, we will automatically extend your membership the exact number of days your gym was closed.
If your Annual Rate Guarantee Fee was scheduled to occur during your club’s closure, it will be moved to 45 days after the reopening date of your club. If your Annual Fee is scheduled to occur within the first 30 days of the club reopening, your payment date will be moved to 45 days from the club’s reopening date.
All recurring Personal Training agreements will not resume billing for the first 30 days of the club’s reopening date. If you have sessions to use, you may choose to utilize them depending on state and local mandates/guidelines. If you would like to add more sessions, you may do so at your location via the front desk.
If your club’s services are impacted due to mandated laws or ordinances, the club will charge your accordingly based on the services they can provide.
If your club is open and you are still not comfortable coming to the club, you may Freeze your account at no charge in 30-day increments. Please contact your club for more information or click here.
Depending on state and local mandates/guidelines, you may be able to utilize other clubs once they reopen. Please call ahead before visiting a Retro Fitness location that is not your home club to verify if they can accommodate you based on local guidelines.
Depending on state and local mandates/guidelines:
- Ultimate members may bring a guest with them to the gym. Please call ahead to your home club prior to bringing a guest to verify if they can accommodate a guest based on local guidelines.
- Members wishing to cancel their memberships as clubs reopen:
- There is no fee to freeze your membership. Please consider this option and click here to extend your membership freeze.
- If you are within the first six months of your contract, you may cancel by paying three months’ dues.
- If you are within months seven to nine of your contract, you may cancel by paying one months’ dues.
- If you are within month ten or greater of your contract, you may cancel with no fee.
- Please call your club for any assistance or questions. For assistance via email, contact email@example.com new email.
Outside of the reopening procedures explained above, our traditional cancellation policy is as follows:
- You can walk into the club where you joined with a signed letter asking us to cancel your membership. Write the letter on your computer, include the date, your full name, address and member number, hit print, and bring it into the club manager or owner where you joined. Don’t forget to sign it.
- If you can’t come to your the club where you signed up, just send the Club a signed letter with your name and address and membership number through United States Postal Office Certified Mail requesting that your membership be cancelled with the date of your requested cancellation on the letter.
We get loads of mail, so and we want to make sure we have seen it and are able to quickly handle your request. This will ensure that we sign receipt of your letter, and it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.
Here’s how it works:
- Within the first three days of signing your membership agreement, you can cancel with no penalties.
- Within the first year of your contract, but after the first three days, you can cancel at any time by paying three months of your membership, or the remaining part of your 12-month membership, whichever is less. You are free to use the Retro Fitness Facilities during this cancellation period. How can you cancel? Just bring us your cancellation letter, dated and signed, give it to the gym owner at the gym, and give us a chance to keep you as a valued part of our Retro Fitness Family.
- After 12 months, you can cancel with 7 days’ notice by bringing a signed letter to the gym manager. Why 7 days? It just takes us that long to get everything out of our systems. Again, we want to keep you as part of our Retro Fitness Family and would appreciate some direct feedback to see if we can change your mind.
- We love our members and want them to be happy. That’s why we have created one of the most member-friendly cancellation policies in the industry. We’re not done with trying to make it better every day. With feedback from our members, we commit to making the changes necessary to GET REAL about membership and the happiness of our members.